Thursday, March 31, 2011

31 Day Photo and Post Challenge - Day 23

This picture really has nothing to do with this post, however if you ever google "bad dye jobs" you get some interesting results! Oh and my hair didn't turn pink, it was however a wonderful shade of orangey reddish splotchy mess. :)

Day 23 - How'd you come up with the name for your blog?
This one was easy for me, I wanted something fun that described me. My husband and I have a running joke that I'm distracted by things. Like a lot. Super easy. Like talking and suddenly will stop in mid sentence and walk away easy. LOL! I say it's because I have so many things on my mind at any given moment, but whatever. Anyway we'll notice other people doing it as well, and we got in the habit of saying "shiiiiny" when we noticed it. It was a funny inside joke between us, that we've since included many friends and family members in on. Hilarious story. I decided that my hair was boring one day, and needed an immediate change. I thought perhaps coloring it would be fun. I enlisted the help of my dear friend Heather (poor Heather Feather gets caught up in lots of my ideas, lol). So she comes over and we head out to Target to grab a couple boxes of dye. No kidding on the way into the store I stopped so many times that she seriously wondered aloud how I managed to get anything done.....ever. The dollar section in the front (they have some cool stuff sometimes man!). Then I seen they had a couple of racks of girls clothes on clearance and I wanted to stop there (umm hello 5 girls!). I was redirected by Heather and reminded that we were there for dye ONLY! A few more isles down, I spy the cough drops, I make a sharp right to snag a couple bags for my brother since he'd been feeling under the weather. I then begin wondering aloud if I should pick up some medicine for him, openly having a debate with myself while she laughed hysterically at me. Finally we made it to the dye which was a huge deal in itself. We settled on some color that turned out to be awful and I still managed to grab some mascara and a soda and a candy bar on the way out of Target. Upon returning to our house Heather declared to The Boy that I have the attention span of a gold fish which makes it impossible to get in and out of the store. Knowing that it's true he laughs hysterically and asks what I stopped at and begins to explain the reasons why I stopped at each location.
Dollar Spot - no real reason, she just has to walk through it just in case there's something there that's great

Girls Clearance - ummm 5 girls that constantly grow and need clothes, need I say more

Cough drops/medicine - brother is sick and he needs to feel better

make up - lost mascara due to Spunky Girl "coloring" the walls with it and have been masacraless for over a week - crisis time!

soda - we have none at home since I neglected to go to the grocery store since I was busy schooling our bajillion children, lol
That my friends is why I love that man. He totally gets me and doesn't even mind that I'm distracted by shiny things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment