Sunday, November 14, 2010

50 Little Known Facts About Us


So many of the blogs I read are doing this right now, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and toss mine out there too. Yep, totally copying them. ;) Okay not totally since I'm doing the family, and they did themselves. I'm boring, I don't have 50 things about just me. :)




1. My favorite color is emerald green. For some reason most people think it's purple, I have no idea why though, I don't even own purple stuff.


2. I lived in the south until I was 9, and there are times when I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss the bugs, humidity or other nasties but I do miss it.


3. I've been on the West Coast for practically ever now, and still root for a southern college football team - ROLL TIDE!


4. I give my kids cupcakes or left over pizza for breakfast when they ask for it, simply because it's easy.


5. I almost never shave my legs.


6. I don't wear shorts. See #5


7. I love to write. It's my thing, which is why it's so hard to understand when other people don't like it.


8. I strongly dislike math - I mean STRONGLY. Not in my top 10 favorite things to do for sure.


9. I love making list. Seriously it's like an addiction, my husband laughs at me.


10. I love shooting families, but don't like weddings. I know, weddings are "money makers", but they are also incredibly stressful and make my stomach hurt.


11. I didn't start driving until my husband and I started dating. I was 20.


12. I've known my husband nearly half my life. (HOLY COW!)


13. I sometimes get a little joy out of the stupid comments I get when people find out we homeschool.


14. I get that same joy out of the stupid comments they say when they find out how many kids we have.


15. I don't think that we are a "huge" family. Seriously, there's only 7 of us.


16. I would totally have another child if my husband wanted to. Without question, I would do it.


17. I didn't drink on my 21st birthday.


18. I got into my first car wreck before I had my license. Yes, I know, bad. No one was hurt, except my car that was purchased one month to the day prior.


19. I'll totally look you up on the internet to see if I can find anything else out about you.


20. I have no sense of direction. None. It's really bad.


21. The Boy has an amazing sense of direction and always knows where he is.


22. The Boy also was born and raised till 8 yrs old in the south.


23. The Boy took the blame for my 1st car wreck. Ouch, yeah, he did. LOVE HIM!


24. I only dated one boy that didn't have blue or green eyes, ever. Seriously that was one of my things. The Boy has beautiful blue eyes.


25. I moved out of my mom's when I was 15.


26. I met The Boy a few months later, online.


27. I cried when The Boy told me he was moving away when I was 16, even though we weren't dating.


28. I dyed my bangs pink and blue stripes when I was in 7th grade.


29. I have a crazy obsession with fun socks. I only wear fun socks, but I don't like them because they're too thin so I wear regular Hanes under them.


30. I didn't want any boys. I mean it, and I don't care if it sounds mean. I truly only wanted girls. Of course I would have loved my son greatly, but my girls are my world. Love them to pieces.


31. I wouldn't mind a boy now. Seriously, I know. It took a long time, but I'm now ready for a boy. Problem is The Boy is done now.


32. I wanted to be a nurse before I had kids. I love medically stuff, lol - like that technical term!


33. I'm a little freaked out that I haven't accomplished my "list", you know the one that you set for yourself. I had one that I set for myself to finish by the time I was 30. I'll be there in a few months. The list isn't complete. I'm trying not to stress about that one!


34. The Boy would make a fantastic football coach. I'd totally move to a smallish town (hey a girl has to have options on where to shop and let's face it small towns have very few options) to let him full fill that one.


35. I never wanted to be a stay at home mom. I love it now. At least on most days.


36. Beanie broke her nose when she was little. How - jumping on her bed. She hit a shelf that was above it and the shelf fell on her nose. I'm guessing the little toy she was trying to get to wasn't worth it.


37. I don't think that all babies are cute. I said it. Hey I'm not being mean, Baby Big Girl look quite alienish when she was born. Totally had to do the if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all thing when I seen her the first time.


38. I would love a big ol' plot of land so I could have all kinds of animals. I want chickens, The Boy says no.


39. I'm super crafty but can't for the life of me figure out how to crochet or knit.


40. I have the attention span of a goldfish. It's okay, you can laugh. I would.


41. I sometimes have to hold back a laugh when the kids get hurt in some stupid way. It's a little mean, but sometimes it's super funny. Of course I see if they are alright first.


42. I blog because I suck at baby books. Never even bought one for Baby Big Girl because I knew I'd never use it.


43. I love swimming in the ocean.


44. I'm a cold person. I wear thermals almost everyday from November until March under my jeans.


45. The Boy is a hot person. It's practically unheard of for him to wear long sleeves.


46.
Nanners can do the splits. Both ways. She's been able to for as long as I can rememeber. She just did it one day because she seen a lady on TV do it.

47. My girls still sit and play dolls together. Even the big girls play. They of course are usually the Mom's or whatever else the leader is, but they play.

48. My girls love shoes. I have no idea where they get it from, but they adore them. The Boy doesn't understand why they have so many.

49. I once let Nanners and Spunky Girl eat peanut butter and jelly for dinner every single night for a month. I knew they'd eventually eat something else. The Boy called a stop to it after a month.

50. If we could do it again, The Boy and I both agree we would rather not have as big of a ceremony and take a double honeymoon instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment