Saturday, August 14, 2010

A little juggling

Sometimes the best laid plans have a way of going hay wire. Case in point last week, we planned to return to schooling. I was armed and ready with lessons, even though I didn't have all of our books, I was prepared with filler worksheets. Then I got the call that changed all that.

My sister in law called to say that she was in fact going to let the kids come down from Idaho to visit for a week. Great news, right? Oh they'd be there in 2 days!! WHOA NELLY! I didn't dare tell her that I had other plans for the week, or even remotely imply that I didn't want them to come down, so I smiled and enthusiastically asked her to call when they were leaving.

Of course I wanted them to visit, we talked about it several times, but I thought I would have a few weeks to prepare --- AKA stockpile excessive teen friendly groceries, give the house a full once over cleaning, and get a little school work done ahead of time.

The call came as we were enjoying ourselves at a River Cats baseball game, so I had to hold off on starting the to do list that I was building in my head. I tried my best to enjoy the rest of the game (despite paying a ridiculous sum for stadium food).

It was already late when we got home so I sent the girls to bed and got to work. After mass cleaning had occurred, and the kitchen cabinets were once again picture worthy (yes, I realize that few people actually look at the inside of the cabinets, but it makes me feel better), I allowed myself sleep. The day had been long, and I needed some. I still had more to do in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment