Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lesson Planning

Ahh, it's that time of year again - the dreaded lesson planning season. You see while many of our friends are giddy and dancing down the isles of the local Target with their back to school list in hand, we are not.

We homeschool our girls, which means that there is no break for us. This isn't to say we don't back to school shop. Who can pass up pencils for a penny and packs of paper for a quarter? Not me, definently not me!

I love pileing new crayons, rulers, notebooks, folders, and of course new pencils into our cart. I'll assign each girl their own color and write their names on their new school stuff. I neatly assign each girl their own shelf, labeled with their name.

This time of year reminds me of one thing - my lesson plans are not complete! AHHH! Seriously I'm one of those over planners who also second guess every decision they make. So much so, that I'll often end up giving up on the whole thing. (Perhaps this is why we eat out so much?)

While I'm not terribly behind, I don't like the feeling of stress that I know will inevitably envelope me in a few weeks. This year started off bad a year ago when I realized that I would have a junior high student. Yep, on top of dealing with the sassy remarks, and breaking up fights between her and whatever sister she happens to be trying to "persuade" at the moment I get to create her lesson plans for the year. Joy, oh joy!

I've given myself a reprive for this weekend. Starting Monday I will be a lesson planning fool. Maybe I'll post some, perhaps someone out there will appriciate the loss of sleep that I get in creating them, because these kids sure don't seem to appriciate it at all!

Good thing I knew this would be a mountain climbing lesson, without ropes it feels like at times. The countdown begins...14 days to go. Guess I better print up the lesson plan book at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment