Thursday, April 7, 2011

31 Day Photo and Post Challenge - Day 27

image from http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/domesticpursuits/2009March/ChickenTortillSoup.jpg Day 27 - my favorite meals & recipes Well since I really don't enjoy cooking all that much, I'd have to say that something I can quickly pull together is my favorite. My family loves tortilla soup, and I scored a quick and crazy easy receipe off AllRecipes.com. I jazzed it up to my families liking and of course like most things I had to double the size so it fed all of us. The best part is that I pre cook my chicken and freeze it so I can whip this together in 5 minutes, which is great for those last minute dinners. 2 cans pinquito beans 2 cans black beans 2 cans small red beans 1 can pinto beans 1 24 oz container of chicken broth 1 can of cream of chicken soup 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chiles 2 cans of whole cut corn 4 chicken breast, shredded and cooked 1 bag of tortilla chips shredded cheese sour cream 1. drain and rinse all your beans 2. pour in chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and mix well 3. start dumping in your beans, tomatoes, corn and whatever other veggies you like (the kids don't eat bell peppers, but when it's just The Boy and I we add them) 4. add chicken and mix together 5. heat until warm 6. put tortilla chips in bowl, and laddle soup over the top 7. garnish with cheese, sour cream and whatever else you like (The Boy and I add salsa and jalepenos to ours) Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment